Casting information is provided when there is a casting call and audition. Some of the casting information you need to look for is of course the location. If you are in an area with high-traffic and rich area for casting calls and auditions, you’ll have more chances to get a role.
The things in a casting information you have to look for is the gender, age, and ethnicity. For the most part production companies are looking for a specific role that needs to be filed and they will provide this casting information.
Other casting information that will be provided is what characteristics that the character plays. You’ll need to know how to act these characteristics for the audition to be able to get the role.
Casting Information: What To Expect at a Casting Call
If you never been to a casting call or audition before, here are some things that you should expect to bring and do.
- Bring with you at least 1 black and white portrait photo, one color portrait photo, and one full size color portrait. Make sure the first two are head shots and are up to date. Nothing is more frustrating for a casting director to see an outdated photo when they are casting for a teenager when that photo is 5 years old.
- Don’t wear too much make up if you are a woman and try to keep it natural if you do. At the audition, they will want to see you for who you are so don’t cake on the make up like you are going out on the town.
- Try not to wear too much jewelry. Too much jewelry can be distracting and take away from what you are trying to present. This goes with the previous bullet to try and keep it natural.
- Get there early. No matter what time the auditions start, be sure to give yourself plenty of time when you arrive. Bring a good book to read or your iPod. If you bring snacks, avoid those snacks that can get too messy because you might end up leaving some on your shirt.
- Dress comfortably. You may be standing in line for a long time, so you want to be sure that you’re comfortable. Check out the weather ahead of time and see how hot it will be. You don’t want to be wearing a three piece suit in the middle of summer when it’s scorching outside.
Hover your mouse over the casting information button and you’ll read about other articles such as How To Get Into Acting and How to Get Into Modeling. These articles will help you jump start your career in fame and fortune and whatever skills you desire to achieve.