12-06-11 – Indianapolis, IN>Phoenix, AZ – Request for Proposal: Architectural Photography
The Tucson Historic Preservation Foundation is seeking architectural photographers to submit proposals to photograph the residential and commercial work of a pre WWII era architect in the Tucson area.
The buildings are both small (1 — 2 story residential) and large (commercial and ecclesiastical), in urban neighborhoods as well as suburban and rural desert locations.
We anticipate that the images will accurately represent the unique architecture of the buildings, the visual richness of building materials and architectural details, unique interior design features and spatial relationships, as well as the relationship of the home to the topography and views of the surrounding Sonoran desert.
Ideally, the photographer will create enticing, seductive images that will help nurture a new audience for the continued use and preservation of these architecturally-significant properties.
Responding to this RFP
1. A resume which includes contact information and a brief artist statement detailing your approach to architectural photography.
2. At least 3 samples of your work (or direction to website where THPF can view work). Samples demonstrating experience with Spanish Revival or early twentieth century architecture (exterior/interior) preferred. While years of experience are less important, the photographer’s work should demonstrate the ability to create the style of images we desire.
3. A list of your photographic equipment.
4. Detailed pricing, including day rate and individual photograph rates. THPF is a non-profit organization, and would prefer a flat-rate structure if possible.
5. Three references on projects completed within the last five years. Please provide contact name and telephone number, as well as a description of the project.
Working with THPF
THPF is dedicated to preserving the celebrating the distinctive and irreplaceable historic resources of Tucson and Pima County
THPF will require unlimited rights to use of the images (print and web publishing). Photographs will be used in compiling a publishable monograph of the architecture of the designer/builder, in THPF educational and promotional materials, as well as shared with individual home/property owners, and future publications.
THPF will provide a list of approximately 20 – 25 properties, and specific architectural features, to be photographed. All buildings are in the greater Tucson area. THPF will obtain access to all homes (interior and/or exterior) and coordinate schedules with the photographer, homeowner, and one or more authors of the monograph. A THPF member will be present at all photo shoots.
THPF will help set up shots as needed. The photographer should have physical ability to sufficiently negotiate desert terrain to obtain necessary images.
THPF anticipates the bulk of the project to be completed by August/September 2012.
Please Respond by January 15, 2012
— Submit Yourself To This Role Now: 1